HISTORY OF ST JOHN'S
St John's church is built of local stone, in a style copying 13th Century church design. It was completed in 1841, at a cost of £1,600. The church was consecrated on 20th June that year.
The first minister of St John's was Rev. Charles James Hoare, Archdeacon of Winchester, and Vicar of Godstone since 1821.
One notable window in memory of the Jupp family of Snouts Farm is unusual because it depicts an aeroplane- that of Captain Leonard Cheshire. Billy Jupp was part of the maintenance team for Captain Cheshire's plane. billy Jupp's RAF insignia is also depicted in the window.
In 1866 structural alterations were made to St John's, with the addition of the apsidal chancel, and the South Aisle. Work was carried out by G.M. Mills